Tuesday, September 28, 2010

For Tomorrow


Today, I talk you about of one of my favourite band: Blur. The truth is I don't have a favourite band because I'm always changing the musical group that I hea, but Blur is a band that I hear since I was about 15 years and it's one of my favourite because their songs makes me happy and I remember with them all the England musician tradition since The Beatles band.


This band was born in 1989 in England, and became one of the most important Brit Pop bands.Blur is formed by Damon Albarn (vocalist and keyboardist), Graham Coxon(guitarist, who retired in 2002), Alex James (bassit) and Dave Rowntree (drummer). They have released five albums in their musical career, they are called: "Leisure", "Moddern life is Rubbish", "Parklife", "The Great Escape", "Blur", "13" and finally, "Think that".


Their lyrics speak about the things of daily life and some of them don't have a specific meaning, but I really love the sound of their songs, especially the guitar and the melody of these songs.
Some of my favourite songs of this band are: "For Tomorrow", "Country House", "Parklife", "The Universal" and "Out of time", but I can't choose one of them, because I like all the same. To conclude, I recomend this band because it represents the Brit Pop rythms and I never forget this paradigm of music because in my family they prefer all the English music, and they listen to all the bands, for example Pixies, Grandaddy, Oasis, Pulp, Travis and The Verve.

7 comments:

  1. Parklife is one of my favorite disc ever! Blur is a great band =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. when I was in the school my classmates made jokes about me and britpop, they said me things like "britpopero" or "escucha música para hombres" it was really funny. I like this band too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I thought your favourite band was Hanson or Locomia :P

    Good choice anyway!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't know them. I don't know about Brit Pop music really XD

    See us

    ReplyDelete
  5. Blur Ohh!

    I haven't heard Blur, I like but not fanaticism ... but of those bands that I listen and say ... "Oh that was a great song" ... =)

    Salute

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, I love Blur
    and I like brit-pop music too
    See us!

    ReplyDelete