Monday, May 24, 2010

Jovenabuelo


Hello!

The best band! This band is special because it doesn’t have lyrics in his songs. The band is called "Jovenabuelo”, and the musical style of this band is post rock. I like this band because it shows the sounds for represent everyday situations: the band shows a powerful message of reflexivity, and my life stops to start this music.

Jovenabuelo born in 2004 in Santiago, the members of his band are: Sebastian Rivera (bass), Ignacio Cea (guitar), Javier Nacif (keyboards, synthesizers, guitar, melodica and accordion), Javier Hechenleitner (drums) and Sebastian Arriagada (visual). Now, the group are recording a new disc called "niño sol", in where they intend to continue of combine technique and art.

The musical influence of “Jovenabuelo” are unknow bands for example “congelador”, and famous bands for example “Pink Floyd”. I think that the proposite of this band is shows with images, a paradoxical concept of the ordinary world, to challenge the established order. For example in the video (see the link) you can see the situations that can only be interpreted by the content of sound.

For me, this bandis the best of all time, but Pin Floyd makes me doubt! If you want to see more bands of this kind of music, check out these links:
http://www.myspace.com/jovenabuelo

4 comments:

  1. Ohhh sounds really cool, I'll hear them now. You are like the first one that chooses a chilean band :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't know them but I will listen them for what you said about them!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sound interesting. I like post rock but most of the bands sounds too similar to "Godspeed You! Black Emperor". I hope this band be different. From the description, they do.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is a Chilean group and do not know ... can not be. I'll catch up

    ReplyDelete